Learning at Home!
August 17, 2020
Dear Action Read Member,
We hope you are keeping well. We certainly miss you! Here’s what’s happening these days at Action Read.
If you are interested in any programs, please contact Joanne or Adam at [email protected] for information.
Action Read currently offers:
1. Remote tutoring via Zoom Pro.
2. Safe Food Handling by Zoom. Course runs Mondays to Wednesdays, 1:30-3:30 pm, August 17 -Sept 2nd, 2020.
3. GED online learning groups on Monday evenings 6- 8 pm, and Tuesday and Thursday mornings 9:30 am – 12 noon.
4. Northstar Basic Computer Skills Certificate Training with live support from Adam on Weds 10 am -12 noon and Thurs 1-4 pm. Live chat through Facebook messenger is also offered during these times at https://www.facebook.com/ActionRead/.
5. Throughout the spring, Brenda MacDonald, Action Read’s Family Literacy Coordinator, created a series of “virtual” family literacy circles posted on our YouTube channel. Check them out below!
6. Be sure to also check out the many engaging activities, videos and articles posted on the AR blog at https://actionread.blogspot.com/, Action Read Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts. Remember to ‘like’, ‘follow’ and/or ‘subscribe’ to receive updates. Also check out some favourite staff resources on the ‘Learning Links’ of our website, in the areas of Blended Learning, Math, Covid-19 and more.
Stay tuned to learn of new programs and services, and to find out when we will be reopening. If you have questions, need information or wish to make a referral, contact us at [email protected], 519-994-3366 (cell), or 519-836-2759 (office). We will return messages within one business day.
All the best. Stay safe and we look forward to continuing to serve you.
~ Action Read Staff