Action Read Community Literacy Centre respects the privacy of all members, including learners, volunteers, staff, donors, sponsors and stakeholders. We will make sure that information we collect for the purpose of our programs is protected. We follow all legal requirements regarding privacy. We do not rent, sell or trade mailing lists with any other organization or business.
Action Read will be responsible for safely storing and confidentially handling all private information.
Collection of information
Action Read understands that some of the information we collect is private. We collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To provide ongoing service and support to clients;
- To screen volunteers and staff who may be in a position of trust with clients of Action Read;
- To understand volunteer skills and experience, and communicate volunteer opportunities;
- To maintain, manage and develop our programs; and
- To meet government and program requirements.
All members will be asked to give their consent in writing when being asked for information. Anyone asked to provide information has the choice to refuse.
They may ask that their name be removed from our various lists at any time.
Refusing to give information may limit Action Read’s ability to provide the best service and support to the member.
Only personal information that is necessary for Action Read to run its programs will be collected.
Information will always be collected in a fair and lawful way.
Members will always know when information is being gathered and can check their information for accuracy.
For more information please send us an email.