Fall 2021 Programs
September 3, 2021
While in person programming is still on hold, Action Read continues to offer many online learning options. We can lend you a laptop if you need it, and can support you in getting comfortable and knowledgeable with online learning. If you are interested in any program, please contact Joanne at [email protected] or 519-836-2759.
Fall Programs include:
1. One on One tutoring via Zoom.
2. Receptionist Training on Zoom. Course runs Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, 12:30-2:30 pm from Sept 13 – Oct 8, 2021
3. Safe Food Handling on Zoom. Course runs Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, 12:30-2:30 pm from Oct 13 – Nov 5, 2021
4. Materials Handler Training on Zoom. Course runs Monday, Wednesday & Fridays, 12:30 – 2:30pm from November 8 – December 3, 2021
5. Smart Serve Training on Zoom. Course runs Monday, Wednesday & Fridays, 12:30 – 2:30pm from December 6 – 22, 2021
6. GED online learning groups on Monday evenings 6- 8 pm, and Tuesday and Thursday mornings 9:30 am – 12 noon.
7. NorthStar Basic Computer Skills Certificate Training with live support from Adam on Weds 10 am -12 noon.
8. Throughout the fall, Brenda MacDonald, Action Read’s Family Literacy Coordinator, will continue to organize ‘Rainbow Connections’ early literacy kits for families with young children to borrow. Kits include books, literacy and numeracy play, arts, crafts and more. Call for details. Also enjoy our “virtual” family literacy circles posted on our YouTube channel, including our Sept 2021 video on pets!
Be sure to also check out the many engaging activities, videos and articles posted on the AR blog at https://actionread.blogspot.com/, Action Read Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts. Remember to ‘like’, ‘follow’ and/or ‘subscribe’ to receive updates. Also check out some favourite staff resources on the ‘Learning Links’ of our website, in the areas of Blended Learning, Math, Covid-19 and more.
Stay tuned to learn of new programs and services, and to find out when we will be reopening. If you have questions, need information or wish to make a referral, contact us at [email protected], 519-994-3366 (cell), or 519-836-2759 (office). We will return messages within one business day.
Stay safe and we look forward to continuing to serve you.
~ Action Read Staff