Learning at Home!
January 27, 2021
Dear Action Read Member,
We hope you are keeping well. Here’s what’s happening these days at Action Read.
If you are interested in any programs, please contact Joanne or Adam at [email protected] for information or call us at 519-836-2759.
Action Read currently offers:
1. Remote tutoring via Zoom Pro.
2. Safe Food Handling by Zoom. Course runs Feb 15-March 12, 2021
3. Retail Basics by Zoom. Course runs Feb 18 – March 12, 2021
4. GED online learning groups on Monday evenings 6- 8 pm, and Tuesday and Thursday mornings 9:30 am – 12 noon.
5. Northstar Basic Computer Skills Certificate Training with live support from Adam on Weds 10 am -12 noon.
5. Throughout the Winter and Spring, Brenda MacDonald, Action Read’s Family Literacy Coordinator, has organized the ‘Rainbow Connections’ early literacy kits for families with young children to borrow. Kits include books, literacy and numeracy play, arts, crafts and more. Call for details. Also enjoy our “virtual” family literacy circles posted on our YouTube channel, including our most recent National Family Literacy Day Video. See below.
6. Be sure to also check out the many engaging activities, videos and articles posted on the AR blog at https://actionread.blogspot.com/, Action Read Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts. Remember to ‘like’, ‘follow’ and/or ‘subscribe’ to receive updates. Also check out some favourite staff resources on the ‘Learning Links’ of our website, in the areas of Blended Learning, Math, Covid-19 and more.
Stay tuned to learn of new programs and services, and to find out when we will be reopening. If you have questions, need information or wish to make a referral, contact us at [email protected], 519-994-3366 (cell), or 519-836-2759 (office). We will return messages within one business day.
All the best. Stay safe and we look forward to continuing to serve you.
~ Action Read Staff